Stage lighting is a broad spectrum of a topic to get familiar with. It is one of the most influential factors of any stage performance or theatrical play on the primary audience and the performers. Many aspects and factors control and manipulate the entirety of light itself, such as color, motion, and pattern, to name a few. LED fixtures like RGB LED PAR light to have beautiful colors, while lasers tend to be monochromatic.
It is such a crucial entertainment component that it has developed into the modern era. Various exciting lights have been created, such as LED stage lighting and lasers, which truly are mesmerizers in any event. LEDs give depth to visuals and can light up a broad area.
PAR 54 LED stage lights are controllable with ease, whether it is the temperature or intensity. They are the multi-purpose stage lighting, making them flexible in their operation. Lasers, on the other hand, are a show on their own. These narrow straight light beams can create coherent images and set the atmosphere with foggy haze. So what is the difference, and on what basis must they be chosen?
LED Stage Lights
Introduction Of LED Technology
For starters, LEDs are diodes, as in the name. These clusters of about hundreds and thousands of diodes use non-radioactive elements like arsenic or gallium to direct electricity in a particular direction. They are powerful optical transmitters by themselves. However, when combined with or exposed to other elements to that electricity, it emits light, hence the name Light-emitting diode. LEDs can produce multiple colors by using a variety of wavelengths.
Their intensity is effortless to manipulate and has such versatility and flexibility to fit into any fixture. The entirety of the LED PAR light supplier focuses on providing direction to the audience and guiding their eyes to a specific context. Many event planners use par-can lights for weddings and other events like stage performances, theatrical plays, parties, decorations, aircraft, or even indoor-outdoor purposes!
As mentioned, they are primarily used for contrasting purposes. They are excellent for bringing characters to life through colors, making their usage quite enchanting to the audience. These LEDs are also diverse in their genre of lighting, adding various features to make them accessible and experiential. Some advantages one can gain through LEDs are as follows:
- LEDs are long-lasting equipment, making their replacement and maintenance ever so cost-beneficial. They are primarily used daily and for diverse uses; they are pocket-friendly and go easy on a budget
- Sound-responsive LED lights are highly advantageous for musical, theatrical, and other sound-related events
- LEDs are also extremely easy to operate through LED lighting control systems
- LED stage lights are multi-colored diodes, and the right LED stage lighting supplier can broaden their range even further for detail
- They are energy-efficient, consuming the least energy among all equipment designed for stage lighting
- They are moveable, adjustable, and flexible to any position, making them great harnessing agents of experience. Mimicking a spotlight, these LEDs work as highlighters for the main characters of the event
- They can slay the soft look and glowy appearance
Not only are they perfect for dazzling light-filled events, but they can also dim the right areas to create the mood one desires. LED event lighting wholesale equipment can take care of all occasions and daily usage. Going for romantic and warm mood lighting for a wedding event? Or perhaps a monochrome look for a regular office or business meeting? LEDs are a go-to no matter what the purpose is.
LEDs may not be the best bet for the following reasons:
- They are soft lighters so intense lighting can be a far-fetched choice in many cases. Though their intensity control is pretty flexible, the range of impact is quite limiting. They cannot create hard-edged light, making their ends blurry.
- Depending on the purpose, they light up broad areas, which can also be a pro. They are also incapable of making patterns and designs compared to lasers, as LEDs, by nature, cannot produce narrow beam-like lighting.
- They cannot travel long distances. So if the focus is not only going to be on stage performers, then LEDs may not be the ally of the battle. Their focus and impact are lost on the way.
Whether par lighting for stage or par can light for weddings, our LEDs are of the highest possible quality and can fit all and every need for any event. The PAR 54 LED lights are the top-dog in stage lighting. It is not an exaggeration that she is the best performer in stage events. Made of high-quality and intensive brightness beads, our PAR 54s are best enjoyed by the audience. It can last over 50 events through its 28V cooling fan and power-supply radiators!
Laser Stage Lights
Introduction Of Laser Light Technology
Lasers, as the name suggests, are beams of concentrated infrared lighting. Being monochrome in nature, lasers can produce some of the intensive lights out there. Mono-wavelength types of light can create various dynamic imaging and holograms with a total area of just 2 nanometers.
The entire laser light industry focuses on concentrated rays. Hence, they are great contenders for stage concerts, parties, or even their laser shows. They are also found in projectors and are used in corporate business parties. These light equipment are easily recognizable due to their coherence and sharp lighting.
- With their ability to create sky-high lighting effects, they are on the intense side of the spectrum. Lasers direct light in a certain way to produce a dazzling environment—lasers stand-out in a dimly lit atmosphere, which leaves no room for focus loss.
- One can also create starry effects through simple diffraction. Using its narrow nature, one can make dotted light structures and patterns to engage the audience further. They are, thus, the optimal party lights laser stage lighting equipment you can find.
- They are attractive and fun to look at during stage concerts and performances. Lasers have an ‘all eyes on me’ effect, creating a dynamic experience for the stage audience or parties.
However, lasers are not the right fit for occasions conducted on stages due to the following reasons:
- They are not the allies when it comes to even and broad lighting. Though lasers can make a solid and exhilarating experience for the youthful lot, they are focus driven. They risk drawing all the attention to themselves and not the leading performers on the stage. Hence, lasers are in their league and are best for their shows.
- They are rough on the wallet. Lasers are on the expensive side in comparison to LED PAR lights. And due to their single-use property and high maintenance, they can only be afforded by having an increased budget for lighting.
- Lasers cannot be used for many purposes, unlike LEDs. Their lack of omnipresence makes them costlier.
Our laser lighting makes some of the best stage lighting lasers by covering all the pros and compensating for the cons. Being price-friendly, laser lighting is no more out of reach. Lasers create experiences that are indeed one of a kind. They are sound-responsive and produce multi-colored patterns similar to that of LEDs.
LED Vs. Laser Stage Lights
So what exactly is the difference between LED and Laser lights? Both of them run through semiconducting diodes. Both of them provide a great experience to the audience. One difference is concentration power, in which lasers take the last cake. LEDs, on the other hand, are less intense. In terms of variety, an LED stage lighting design is superior to laser ones. One specializes in speed and the other in stamina. In a word, the base of comparison is ‘function.’ The following table explains the ordeal between LED vs. Laser more comprehensively:
|Basis of Comparison
|Wide bandwidths and high output, causing long-distance light with medium intensity
|Narrow bandwidths with low output, causing pinpointed light with high intensity
|Incoherent and soft-edged light, distance, and luminosity are inversely related
|Extremely focused coherent light that is consistent throughout the distance
|High power and high output
|Monochrome with a wide choice of colors
|Choice of colors is limited to one or two
Lights are one of the most crucial components there is to any event. It is a matter of the life and death of the stage performance. Any compromise in this area can lead to a lifeless performance or concert. This is why the wrong kind of lighting must be avoided. Knowing why people attend concerts and other stage events can help guide the show in the right direction.
Make it memorable and go all out. Picking between LEDs and lasers can be daunting, but knowing the right factors is essential. Some of them include the budget allocated to lighting, the lighting placement, the purpose of lighting, and the effects required. After all the considerations, make the right choice and contact us today!